Monday, November 18, 2013

Happy Snowy Day!

Hello friends! Giovana here today bringing you a Mixed Media Canvas project.

For this project I used Small and Large Snowflake dies, the sentiment is from Snowy Hello Set.

I started with a 6"x8" canvas, die-cut the snowflakes using chipboard (you can use thick cardstock or glue together a couple of pieces of cardstock ). Applied a coat of Mod Podge to my canvas and adhered the snowflakes, then I crumbled a piece of aluminum foil and adhered it on top of snowflakes, then with the help of a little stylus go around the edges of the snowflakes to shape the details of the images. Then I covered the piece with blue, brown, gold and red acrylic paints, then I took a piece of paper towel and removed most of the paint, you could keep the paint until it dries, or remove some spots as I did. After that got dried completely, I added gold paint, super fun!!

I removed most of the paint from the snowflakes to keep a contrast with the background, then added a little pearl on every snowflake center.

For the sentiment, first I die-cut the stitched label from chipboard, then I covered it with gesso and stamped the sentiment in Jet Black Archival, I added a couple of white die-cut snowflakes and ivory hemp.



Hope you like it and get inspired to use your die-cuts in a different way.
Giovana

2 comments:

Korin said...

Very cool!

Cathymac said...

What a cool technique, Gio! Looks fabulous!