Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Landscape Silhouettes ~

HI Everyone! Mary here to share this fun silhouette card with you. Recently, at the Heirloom Show in Allentown, my sister Diva Cathy taught us how to create these amazing sponged cards. She's an amazing teacher and me, the willing student. It was so much fun!

I chose three colours of the ranger distressed inks and sponged the oval I cut out with my first colour. Next, I created a mask for my sun and sponged directly over the top the remaining colours. I took the amazing landscape silhouettes stamp and stamped in black. Voila! There was my most beautiful sunset. The sentiment is taken from flower blocks 1 and stamped directly onto the base. This card excites me, it looks like an authentic Nakuru, Kenyan sunset with the animals on the horizon.

Materials Used:
Stamps: Landscape silhouettes, Flower Blocks 1
Inks: Ranger distressed inks mustard seed, spiced  marmalade, fired brick, Versafine black, 
Paper: SU
Accessories: Spellbinder ovals die, CTMH brads

Thank you for stopping by!

1 comment:

Bridget said...

I love this set and what you've done with it here, Mary - stunning sunset scene, your sponging is fabulous!