Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Miracles

Hello friends,
Susie here with two cards using several Sweet n Sassy Stamp sets I've come to love, and reach for often.  Majestic Monarchs Monarch Dies, and Everyday Miracles.

My first card is a 5.5 x 5.5 square.   I've created several dreamy layers in an aqua, sage, and light brown color palette.   Some second generation stamping across the horizontal panel provides an old world botanical feel.   I stitched across the bottom for added interest, and to secure the layers (especially at the edges).   The sentiment from Everyday Miracles is the focal point with the lovely Monarchs surrounding it in flight.   Each butterfly is layered over an existing stamped butterfly.   A few sprinkles of sequins and a twine bow complete the card.
My second card is an A2 size.   This card has a pretty fall palette, with the sentiment as the focal point again.   I embossed the sentiment in gold and vellum, and laid it over a piece of rustic cream card stock for a nice soft feel.   Tiny black rhinestones embellish the center of the butterflies.   Both cards will be a nice addition to my card keeper for future use.   Isn't it a nice feel to have hand crafted cards on hand to give at a moments notice.   I like to call them sweet offerings from heart and hand.

I'm stepping down from the Sweet n Sassy Stamps Design Team.   But, I'd like to thank each of you for all your kind comments over the past 8 months during our monthly releases, blog hops, and monthly posts.   It has been a wonderful experience, and one I shall always cherish.   I will continue to support Sweet n Sassy Stamps and the design team in their future endeavors from the sidelines.    But it's time to explore and develop some new areas of art, photography, and do some traveling when time permits.   They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so I will leave you with a photograph I took in 2010.

Behold the Heavens
"You are the light of the world. 
A town built on a hill cannot be hidden."
Matthew 5:14
Until next time,
Adios and vaya con dios
Susie Lessard ~


6 comments:

Bridget said...

Gorgeous inspirational card, Susie, and I'm not surprised as you are always inspirational, both creatively and spiritually - thanks for everything, and I look forward to hearing and seeing your endeavors in blogland!

Anonymous said...

These cards are BEAUTIFUL!!!

merrymstamper said...

Beautiful Cards!

Susie, you have inspired us all! We will stay connected in Blogland :)

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, my sweet Susie, you always DELIGHT me in your gorgeous work! You have such creative, God-given talent, and I just love looking at all the wonderful details of each card! And while you are stepping down from the DT, it will be my joy to keep connected with you in, as Susie said, blogland. I love seeing your work and reading your wonderful words...from your precious and sweet heart! Love, Cheryl
P. S. Your drawings I've seen are amazing!!

Jean Bullock said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous cards. Love those butterflies.

Andrea D. La Vigne said...

What beautiful cards! I especially love the first one, with all the stamped butterflies (and the die-cut ones, too!). I'm sure the recipients of these cards will love them, too. Tfs!