Thursday, February 24, 2011

God's mercies are...

Good Morning!

I love making circle cards. The shape just adds something special to the card... don't you think? I decided to use one of the new clear stamp sets, New Creature. Lovely scriptures and butterfly images.

When I started stamping 10+ years ago, heat embossing was very popular... then it kind of got boring... couple of months ago, I picked up my embossing tools again, and ever since I really enjoy using that technique. For my card, I embossed the butterfly image on vellum with white embossing powder and carefully cut it out...

Behind the scripture, I stamped the flower image from Serene Silhouettes clear stamp set. The sketch came from The Sweet Stop, SSS96.

Thanks for visiting!
Monika

4 comments:

Stacy said...

Monika,
This is a very pretty card.. I love the shade of pink you used and the butterfly is so pretty
Hugs
Stacy

Lorie said...

Oh Monika! This is beautiful! And, I might need to get out my embossing "stuff" again. Thanks for the inspiration!

Kristin said...

This is so beautiful! The butterfly is so delicate and wonderful. Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog today!

Sheree said...

Monika... This is such a beautiful card!! That butterfly is so pretty and your embossing really makes everything pop!