Saturday, April 16, 2011

Spring Tulips

Hello everyone!  As some of you know I have been guest designing for Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps this month and I have to say that I am having lots of fun with it.  Today I have a card for you that I created after receiving my Split Coast Stampers Weekly Inkling.  OMGosh, I was so inspired that I had to give it a try and the stamp set "Spring Tulips" was perfect for it!!!  Here's my card...

Okay, now for some details about my card.  First off I stamped my image on Kraft cardstock with Distress ink and then added clear embossing powder over the top and heat embossed it.  Then I used the "Bleached Out" technique by Beate Johns at SCS to bleach out my image.  It turned this really pretty pale yellow color.  After the bleach was dry I used my Copics to add a little dimension to the tulips and petals.  After I finished coloring I used my Spellbinder Grand Calibur to cut my image out and then ran it through my Cuttlebug in an embossing folder.  I then used my Distrezz-it-all to distress the edges.  I was trying to do the "Faux Fabric" technique (tutorial by Karen Barber at SCS) but I didn't have the right embossing folder so this is what I used.  I think it still looks really pretty!!  :)  After I had it mounted on my scalloped oval I used my Smooch Spritz over the image.  I sure wish you could see it in the picture because it really is pretty!!!  I then stamped and heat embossed my sentiment from the same "Spring Tulips" stamp set.  I have used this really gorgeous paper from MME called Stella and Rose and oh yeah...I LOVE THAT DP!!!

Copics Used:
Tulip - Y32, Y35, Y38
Leaves - YG63, YG67 and G40

I hope I have inspired you a little today and seriously....YOU WILL LOVE THIS STAMP SET!!!

Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you have a spectacular weekend!!

1 comment:

Pretty Paper Junkie said...

I love your card. The embossing is so perfect for those tulips.