Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Need Some Inspiration?


Welcome to Wednesday everyone!  It's Taylor here today, and hopefully I'll get your mojo started.  Did you know I host an Inspiration Challenge each Tuesday over in our Member Company forums on Splitcoaststampers?  This week I shared a living room that really made me swoon - the colors and textures are so fabulous.  The picture inspired me to make this card using Tea Time, one of my favorite sets.  I used yellow patterned paper with polka dots, continuing the theme from the couch.  My other pattern has a hint of green, echoing those planters in the background. I accented the papers in black, to give it a nice contrast.

Take a look at the inspiration photo I shared:


Want to know how to play along?

Using the picture above, make a card, project, altered item, or anything else your mojo inspires you to make. It can be based on the colors, the textures, the theme...anything!  I've pulled out a few colors, for those of you who love to use them as your jumping off point.  I've also highlighted a few of the different textures and patterns in the picture, in case you'd rather use those as inspiration.  Remember, there is no right or wrong, just be inspired and have fun!  Upload your art to the gallery at SCS, and use the keyword SNSSIC02 (note: you do not have to use a Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps image to play along, but to be considered for the Sweet 'n Sassy Spotlight you do).  While there is NO time limit to play along in this challenge, I'll post a new one each Tuesday morning!

So, come play!!  Can't wait to see what you create :)

Supplies: 
Stamps: Tea Time (SNSS)
Card Stock: So Saffron, Basic Black (SU)
Patterned Paper: Social Club (Cosmo Cricket)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black

3 comments:

Jenni said...

Oh My... This is amazing! I LOVE the color palette! Your card is a perfect match with the inspiration photo. Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier and leaving such nice comments. I'm so happy to be your newest follower.
Hugs, Jenni
http://mylollipopgarden.blogspot.com

Cindy Haffner said...

Very PRETTY!~

Mary Marsh said...

this was such a fun challenge taylor-and I love your inspired card