Friday, November 25, 2011

Cozy Friends Shaker Card...

Good Morning!

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving day yesterday.

I have a fun shaker card today. The circle images from Cozy Friends clear stamp set are perfect for making shaker elements.

First I stamped and colored my image with Copic Markers, then cut it out. Next I die-cut a scallop circle out of Window Sheet. I put a very thin strip of dimensional tape around the colored panel, put some Micro Beads inside, and attached the clear scallop circle on top. Then I stamped another image, colored the circle strip, and cut it out. Attached that to the clear circle, and also covered up the dimensional tape that was showing through the clear sheet.
The background was embossed with Snowflakes embossing folder. To dress up my card, I used a doily, rhinestones, and Baker's Twine. The greeting was stamped on a ticket die-cut and stapled onto the card.
Hope I inspired you to try to make one!
Thanks for visiting,
Monika

3 comments:

Bridget said...

Monika, this image is just perfect for a shaker card and I love your sketch and fab color combo!

Melissa E. said...

Brilliant! I've never made a shaker card because I always thought I needed one of those pre-made plastic inserts. I just might give this a try if I can think of the right image to do it with. (I don't have the Cozy Friends set ... at least not yet.)

eba said...

What a sweet and fun card! REally wintery... :) And thanks for the comment on my blog - I wasn't sure where to return the greeting, so I try here ;) Have a wonderful day! Ps - really love ur stamps!