Monday, November 28, 2011

Wildflowers in Thanks

Good morning everyone!  I hope that all of you who celebrate Thanksgiving had a wonderful and relaxed holidays!  I found myself within enough time to really think about everyone for whom I was grateful and I made sure that I called and/or made cards for them. 

This card is for a particular friend who has recently gone so far above and beyond for me.  Her own cards tend toward vintage collage.  I don't have the talent nor the supplies for that style, so I tried to base the card in my own fairly simple style but by adding a text background and some sponging on the edges, I think it takes on a vintage look.


The stamp set is Wildflowers.  I also used Sweet 'n Sassy's Lacey Eyelet Border Dies to add the lace and ribbon embellishment.


The wildflower stamp that I used is so flexible.  Bridget created this "simply" stunning card; Harriet used it on this soft and gentle card and Jessica created a bright bouquet on her cheerful card!

The inside uses a sentiment from Blessing & Thanks which has a few sentiments that are perfect for Thanksgiving but is also great year-round with its thank you and blessings sentiments.


Thanks for dropping by!

Kim Singdahlsen

3 comments:

Karen McAlpine said...

I think your friend will love this beautiful card no matter what her own style is. I just love that flower stamp! Another one for the wish list. LOL

Harriet Skelly said...

Kim this is so beautiful and I know your friend will love this! I love how you weaved the ribbon through the lacy border die cuts!

Cathymac said...

Just beautiful, Kim! Love the vintage look and the ribbon woven through the eyelet die! I'm sure your friend will love this card and appreciate your thoughtfulness!