Thursday, December 13, 2012

Collage Christmas

Hi everyone!  Today I would like to share a couple of collage Christmas cards with you.  I tend to lean toward clean lines most of the time so it was fun to try something a bit new and out of my comfort zone.



For my first card I distressed all the edges with scissors and created a tag. On the tag, I first stamped Light of Christmas bg with red ink but stamping off once before stamping on the tag. Next I used the Snowflake flourish set and stamped the flourish over the bg with red ink as well. Finally, I stamped my image from Old Fashioned Christmas with black ink.

For my second card I followed the same first two steps as for my first card only using brown ink with the Light of Christmas bg and Snowflake flourish set. The final stamp I used for my collage is one of my favorites- Vintage Ornaments which was stamped with twilight ink. I also distressed all the edges with scissors just like on my first card.

 I hope that I have inspired you today to create your own collage cards. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

5 comments:

Cathymac said...

Both cards are gorgeous, Janette! Love the vintage, collage look!

NC Peach said...

Beautiful cards! I love the collage look, but really didn't know how to pull them off! I really like how you used the stamp sets to create the different cards too! Thanks for sharing your process.

Sandy said...

I LOVEboth cards and really need to try a collage card. I really love the colors you used on both cards. Very inspiring!!!

Cynthia said...

Lovely vintage chic designs, Janette.

Mary K said...

Your trip out of your box was great -- these are beautiful!!