Saturday, December 29, 2012

With Heartfelt Sympathy...

Hello! It's Monika here today, bringing you a sympathy card. Now that Christmas is over, I found myself reaching for my trusty butterflies. Since I tend to do a lot of Thank You cards, I decided to make something that I am not that comfortable with (and short on), sympathy cards. I found the perfect image from Bridge of Hope clear stamp set.


I didn't feel like coloring, so I opted to heat emboss my image to give it a special touch. I used Copper embossing powder. Then I just sponged yellow ink around the main image. The greeting was also heat embossed.


I used up some scraps I had laying around on my desk: a strip that was stamped with the wood grain image from Grunge Borders clear stamp set with VersaMark, and heat embossed with White embossing powder... a strip of dry embossed paper... and vellum butterflies (was die-cut with New Beginnings Butterfly die set). I just had to stamp the butterflies with the coordinating images from New Beginnings clear stamp set.

I used the brand new sketch from The Sweet Stop, SSS191. Hope you stop by and play along with us.

Thank you for stopping by,
Monika

2 comments:

Marlena M. said...

This is beautiful Monika~

Giovana said...

This is a beautiful card!