Saturday, June 22, 2013

Sweet Kiwi Koala

Hello Friends! It's Monika here today bringing you a super cute card, using the brand new Sweet Kiwi Koala clear stamp set. I just love this sweet guy to pieces.


 During the release, you might have seen my circle card, where I 3-D paper-pieced the image.
This time, I only pieced the melon. I stamped the image on the base card, then I stamped it on scrap and cut only the melon part out. Then I colored the image and using a stylus, I rubbed the back side. This gave some dimension to the image. I attached the melon to the main image with dimensional tape.

---------


To embellish my card, I used one of the new shape dies that will be available next week. I cut three of them out of gray card stock and adhere them on top of the Vellum strip. I also used Baker's Twine and Silver rhinestones.
The grass was die-cut with Fence and Grass Die set.

...and just a little tip... make a cloud 'stencil' out of paper and using a sponge dauber, dab ink on the card:


The sketch came from The Sweet Stop, SSS216.

Thanks for stopping by,
Monika

3 comments:

Nanasniftynitch said...

Oh he is so cute! Love the decoupaged watermelon too. And love the clouds! Thank you so much for sharing this idea, I will use it for sure.

Janeen said...

Vey cute card, love the arrow shapes on the bottom

Cathymac said...

Adorable, Monika! What a wonderful cloud tip! Hugs!