Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Everyday Miracles

Hello Sweet Friends,
In recognition of Breast Cancer Awareness month and to all the women and men who are battling this disease, I'd like to offer my encouragement in the form of two cards I've created. Both cards will be sent to the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, Texas, and will be available to the families and patients free of cost.   I'm using a stamp set that was designed by Korin Sutherland for Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps called, Everyday Miracles.    There are two images and 4 sentiments to this set.   I believe they are encouraging and uplifting no matter the circumstance.    I chose to use just the sentiment today on both cards.
This is the first time I have created a clear card.   A heavy weight acetate that can be cut and scored for card bases.  I used Spellbinders Nestabilities Beaded Oval and cut the center out and used the negative on the inside to stamp the sentiment on.   The roses are Prismaroses with a few smaller flowers tucked around from my collection as is the greenery.  The most difficult part of this card was the photography. I've really blown this photo out, but, I kind of like it like this.   It presents a soft and calming image.

My second card is a clean and simple (CAS).   I love them both and believe they frame and deliver the message that each day holds the possibility and of a miracle.  
My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus Christ, my righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on Jesus' name.

May the Lord bless and keep you.
Susie ~

5 comments:

Donna Whitten said...

Both cards are just beautiful, but my favorite is the CAS second one. I know they will give hope to the receiver.

Chrisd said...

These are wonderful!

Donna Jones said...

Beautiful and uplifting :-)

merrymstamper said...

gorgeous! LOVE them both!

Janeen said...

this is a beautiful die cut. is it from Sweet N Sassy?