Sunday, December 15, 2013

Letter to Santa and a Prayer

 http://www.sweetnsassystamps.com/categories/Digital-Stamps/
***************************************************************************************
Hello dear friends,

With each ornament there is a story.   We sigh as we gently unwrap each treasured piece.   A season of life passed, sweet memories relived once more.   A communion cup that holds an ice cream sundae made in Sunday School (she smiles).   Beautiful ceramic ornaments made by another navy wife and friend of many years.   And two glass ornaments from Germany that graced our tree the second year of marriage.   All special and meaningful to each of us.   Our children who are now grown still love to hear the stories again.
Did you ever help your child pen a letter to Santa?   My husband use to answer letters from the children of employees who would write letters to Santa.   Yep, for years he was Kris Kringle.   But he also knows the real meaning of Christmas too.   The gift of salvation given to all mankind - Jesus Christ, the greatest gift of all.   A gift given before we ever had to ask.
May we humble ourselves and receive him.  To God be the glory.

Today I'm sharing a card I created using one of the new Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps December Release sets, Typewriter Text Background.  I used a Darice embossing folder (Christmas Ornaments) as my background with some Graphic 45 ephemera fussy cut from their collection, Christmas Emporium. I sanded the embossed panel and used gold ribbon, twine, and some rusty bells to finish the card.   I thought it provided a nice vintage feel.

Before I go this evening I'd like to remind you that Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps is celebrating the Twelve Days of Christmas with a special sale.   Today only, 40% off all digi stamps.

I'll see you again soon.
Until then,
Peace be unto you.
Blessings and Merry Christmas 

Susie ~

1 comment:

Cathymac said...

Susie…I love reading your posts almost as much as I love gazing at your amazing creations! Gorgeous, vintage Christmas card! Hugs!