Friday, January 17, 2014

Thank You

Hello friends!
       The past month has just zipped by hasn't it?  Have you had a chance to put your feet up and relax after all the holiday activities?   Now it's time to say thank-you to all who have graced us with their friendship this past year.   Handwritten notes seem to be a lost art.   What do you think causes us to tarry when it comes to this social grace?  Is it easier to type an email, text, tweet, or share our comings and goings on Instagram or Facebook?    Holding a card or letter in our hands with the handwritten script of someone dear is like connecting through time and space.   I love old letters with yellowed pages, handwriting that paints a picture, hints of scent that still linger.  It's like an old photograph that connects us to past or present.   I promise myself again I'll be better about writing notes to family and friends in the new year.
How are you?
Good job!
You're loved.
Thank you.

     Today I've created a simple little thank-you card with the Butterfly Flourish Clear Stamp Set.  A beautiful set to help you create a lovely stationary boxed set, or just one of two to keep in your desk. Why not start this year with one special handwritten note to someone dear.    You'll be glad you did.  And that special someone will thank you too.
    I'll see you back here on the Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Blog toward the end of January.  Until then, I'll be writing a few thank-you notes and checking my mailbox (smiling).
Blessings,
Susie ~


3 comments:

ionabunny said...

Lovely card and lovely idea for a set. I have a few cards put aside to send snail mail. Must get them written and posted. A handwritten letter is so special. Maybe we add a little soul

Di said...

I love how the black border and ribbon really sets off the white cardstock colored so brilliantly.

Cathymac said...

What wonderful encouragement you've given us today, Susie! I love making cards, but am terrible at finding the time to send them. Your butterfly card is beautiful and would surely bring a smile to the recipient. Now…let me go find a card to send! Hugs!