Sunday, March 23, 2014

Spring is in the Air!

Good Morning Everyone!

Spring is finally here!  Have you been stamping with spring images and colors?  I know I have!  The card I am sharing today is done in soft pastels and I think has a bit of a vintage look to it.  I used several sets for this card~



I am really enjoying layering and using doilies lately.  Only problem is, I only have one style of paper doily.  So today I cheated!  :)  I used one of the scalloped border images from the Borders and Background Set and curved it when adhering it to my acrylic block.  I stamped it in Versamark ink on the top half of my white card stock and heat embossed it with white embossing powder.


 Here is a close up of the doily effect.  I had a tough time with pictures this week, so I added close ups for you to see the detail. 
 I sponged Soft Sky ink around the edges of the embossing powder doily.  Next, I layered on another half doily, this time an actual paper doily.
On the bottom of the card, I stamped one of the background images from the Borders and Background Set, then added a banner strip across the middle of the card with a bit of lace trim along the bottom edge.



My butterfly, from the Majestic Monarchs Stamp Set, was stamped in Versamark on vellum,  heat embossed with Pool Party embossing powder, and die cut out with the matching  Monarch Dies.  I added a few die cut leaves and some pink scalloped buttons for my flowers.  The sentiment is from the New Beginnings Stamp Set.

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a blessed week!

Lee Ann  :)  

7 comments:

Birgit said...

This is so very pretty! How clever of you to make do with a border stamp by curving it. I'm thankful for tips like that because I don't ever think of doing that myself. Thanks for always inspiring!
Blessings~ Birgit

Andrea D. La Vigne said...

What a pretty card, Lee Ann! Love your idea for curving the border stamp to create your "doily." I'll have to keep that trick in mind. Tfs!

Janeen said...

What a gorgeous card. I love the soft look of it and thank you for the doily tip. What a great idea.

Diana Seal said...

Gorgeous!!! Love the pastel colors, very elegant with a touch of spring!
Have a great week!
Diana

Victoria H. said...

So gorgeous!! This card is amazing, love the texture, soft feel and colors.

Pamela Haskin said...

This is a lovely card! Love the soft colors.

Kelly L said...

oh so lovely. I love the pale teal embossed butterfly on vellum. Gorgeous!