Thursday, November 24, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hello All! 

I would imagine many of you are headed to the kitchen to start all of the Thanksgiving prep for today!  Once today is over, it is full speed ahead on to Christmas!  Although, if you have been to any retail store lately, you would think that Christmas is in a few days!

I was so excited to try this image-Old Fashioned Christmas- along with my MISTI; using the MISTI allowed me to layer different colors on a silhouette image.


I started by inking up the sleigh and horse, making sure to wipe any ink off that got on the trees.  I stamped this using my MISTI.  Once I had this done, I layered different shades of green on the trees and stamped with the MISTI.  I colored the tree trunks with a Distress marker and then, once again, stamped with the MISTI. 
I created a mask for the trees and sponged the sky in.  To add to the snowy look, I inked up some of the tree branches with white ink and stamped.  Then final addition to the scene is some spattered white acrylic paint. 
A bow, sequins  and fussy cut pine cones from the new Christmas Pine Stamp Set embellish the card.  The sentiment is from the Christmas Joy Stamp Set

That's it for me! 
Wishing you all a very Happy Thanksgiving! 


1 comment:

Monika/Buzsy said...

Lovely old fashioned card Lee Ann. Great scene... love the sponging and the pine cone embellishments. The leaf card is so pretty! The teal looks great with the gold and I also love the torn edge!