Thursday, February 23, 2017

With Sympathy

You can't miss the new stamp sets this month. I believe we're all in love with the beautiful flower stamps that were added to the collection. They're beautiful and really versatile!

For this card I used the floral greetings stamp set. The images are so detailed and beautiful that you don't even have to color them (they're great for backgrounds too!). For this card I made a watercolor panel for the background. I just added a lot of water to my watercolor paper and dropped blue and purple paint on it. The water does the blending for you and you just have to wait until it's dry. I used the larger flower from the set and I stamped it on the background I made. I started with stamping the sentiment on the watercolor background too, but it didn't stand out that way so I decided to die-cut a piece of white paper and stamp the sentiment on it. I raised the die-cut piece a little bit with foam tape. I used dark blue card stock to match my watercolor paper and matted the watercolor piece with light pink patterned paper. This way the card didn't get too dark.

I added some Wink of Stella to the flower so it has a little sparkle (hard to see on the pictures, but this last one shows it best). I added a couple of clear sequins too to finish my card.
http://www.sweetnsassystamps.com/floral-greetings-clear-stamp-set/
Have a nice day!
- Lucinde

1 comment:

Andrea D. La Vigne said...

Gorgeous card! Love the watercolor background--it really sets off the flower nicely. :) ~ Andrea