Friday, July 7, 2017

Sweet As Honey

Hello Sweet Friends!  Julie here to share a card using the brand new stamp set, Sweet as Honey (designed by Korin Sutherland).  



My husband and I collect antique honey dishes and one of the requirements for our collection is that it has to have a bee on it, so when I saw this set I was immediately in love!  I think that Korin chose the perfect verses and sentiments to include in this set as well- great for cards, home décor and bible journaling!

FYI- In real life, I am somewhat afraid of bees and allergic to bee stings (long story) so I am not sure why but I do love bee images!! 



I used distress inks along with acrylic paint to create the background, the bees were stamped onto white cardstock with archival black ink, fussy-cut and a clear glitter pen was applied to their wings. 

Originally the verse was stamped on the background as one layer but the colors were a bit too vibrant, so I decided to re-stamp the verse onto white cardstock, die cut and cover up the mistake (now you know:-)).

I layered a bit of crochet lace and gingham ribbon from my stash to finish off the card.  I think I have enough ribbon and lace to last a lifetime- lol!!


We are thrilled that you stopped by today and I hope I have inspired you! Hugs and have a blessed week, sweet friends!

2 comments:

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fantastic card Julie! Love the hive scene! The orange is so vivid and bright! Great layers!

Andrea D. La Vigne said...

Great background & design! I'm totally with you on the ribbon/lace issue--but it's so pretty. LOL Thanks so much for sharing! :) ~ Andrea