Saturday, January 20, 2018

A Friend Loveth At All Times

Hi Sweet Friends!

Julie here, today I am sharing an easy mixed media card using Majestic Monarchs along with Peaceful Peonies.



To create the background, I pulled out three colors of distress oxide inks, tapped them onto a silicone craft mat, spritzed lightly with water and placed a piece of white cardstock into the ink. I used a heat tool to dry the ink before adding each color, then spritzed lightly with black soot distress ink before trimming and mounting onto black cardstock.

The Majestic Monarchs butterflies were stamped using versafine ink onto white cardstock and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. I used water-based markers to watercolor the butterflies before fussy-cutting each image and mounting them onto the card front.
 
I heat embossed the sentiment from Peaceful Peonies onto black cardstock with white embossing powder and added to the card front with dimensional foam.

The card was finished off by using a glitter pen for shimmer on the butterflies and a few crystal drops in the background.

 

Also, don't forget that the Scene Silhouettes: Wetlands is the January 2018 Stamp of the Month and is FREE with a $60 order through 1/31/18.
                              

I hope I have inspired you today and thanks for taking the time to visit us- hugs and God Bless, sweet friends!

1 comment:

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, how pretty Julie! Love the colorful background... and I just {heart} butterflies... any color, any shape. :)