Saturday, January 27, 2018

Beautiful Silhouettes

I am so excited about today's cards! Sweet N Sassy's New Silhouette stamps are so versatile! You can create almost any background and compliment it with a silhouette! You really can't wrong with them!

For my first card, I went with a simple acrylic block technique. This card feels very masculine and I am too often short on these so... YAY!
  • I used my acrylic block and Distress inks for the background.
  • Then I used Nature Silhouette 2 and black archival ink for the ground/grasses, added a sentiment from Thoughtful Words  and added my duck from Scene Silhouettes Wetlands (This is the January Stamp of the month and it is FANTASTIC - you still have time to get it free with $60 purchase). 


For my second card, I created a beach scene.
  • I tore some paper and  used it as a mask to ink up my beach line with Distress Inks
  • With the straight side of the paper acting as a mask, I added the ocean and sky - also with distress inks.
  • When that dried, I added details with shades of brown Copics and a white gel pen to get more realistic sands and waves
  • I added "beachy" birds from Scene Silhouettes Wetlands and a sentiment from Floral Greetings.


This is just two ways to use these awesome stamps! I hope they inspire you and I can't wait to see what ways you come up with!

Thanks for stopping by!

Lyn

No comments: