Saturday, March 3, 2018

Great is Thy Faithfulness

{jane bosi}  You guys!!!  I'm singing!!!  The brand new Timeless Hymns set is contagious!  I cannot look at this set with out finding a song in my heart.  I love it!  Worship is my very favorite and this set is such a great tribute to some of my most favorite hymns.

I combined a sentiment from the Timeless Hymns set with the beautiful daffodil found in the Spring Blossoms set to create this springy 3 x 3 mixed media canvas.  It makes me happy and hopeful just looking at it despite the blanket of deep snow that still covers my outside.


To make the canvas, I first applied a layer of gesso and then added the stamped image.  To color the back ground, I used a Faber-Castell PITT pen and then moved the color around with my fingers.  I love how this created a shadowy effect.  I added color to the flower in much the same way.  To add some extra interest, I used this months FREE with purchase set, Texture Tiles 1.

You'll get this set--which is so versatile--FREE with your purchase of $75 or more!  This set is perfect for adding that last little something, the final touch!

Enjoy!  Jane

No comments: