Thursday, March 15, 2018

Lead Me In Thy Truth


Hi Sweet Friends!

Julie, here sharing a Mixed Media card created with my distress oxide inks along with the March stamp of the month, Texture Tiles I and previously released sets, Majestic Monarchs and Wait on the Lord.



FYI- I was experimenting with distress oxide ink and realized that I should have used watercolor paper versus white cardstock for the direct to paper technique- oops!  I used broken china, seedless preserves, picked raspberry and abandoned coral in swipes directly to the cardstock.  It dried too quickly for the ink to move so I added splashes of the same colors to soften the background.  

Once the background dried, I stamped the sentiment from Wait on the Lord with archival black ink, heat set the ink with a heat tool before die cutting with a stitched oval die and mounting onto an ornate oval die.

I also added splashes of distress oxide ink in coordinating colors to the designer paper and stamped the script image from Texture Tiles I with picked raspberry ink over the sentiment oval as well as the black and light blue background panels.

The butterflies from Majestic Monarchs were stamped in black archival ink, heat embossed with clear ep before watercoloring with the distress oxide inks.  I fussy-cut each butterfly out and added them along with a few sequins to the card front.

Shimmer was added to the butterflies as well as the oval sentiment and fram using a clear glitter pen to finish off the card. 

I absolutely love the different tiles in the Texture Tiles I Clear Stamp Set- perfect for adding texture for so many cards!!  And don’t forget, Texture Tiles I is the Stamp of the Month for March! This means that you will receive this stamp set free in March with your $75 order ($75 net after all discounts) and you will also receive free shipping and handling (on $75 US only)!!  

Thanks again for stopping by- I hope all of you have a wonderful Easter and Resurrection Sunday!!


No comments: