Monday, September 17, 2018

Winter Birds

Hello! It's Monika here today with couple of Christmas card, showcasing Winter Birds clear stamp set.

For my first card, I wanted to make my own background, so I stamped most of the foliage images with gray ink on a white A2 card stock, then added gold mist to darken the area where the focal images were going to be...


Next I stamped the cardinal and some of the foliage images on watercolor card stock and colored them with Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolor before cutting them out.
To add more texture/dimension to my card, I distressed the edges of the panel.

My second card is a birdhouse shaped card. I love making shaped cards... circle is the most basic, but from time to time, I just have to make one of my birdhouses. :)


 I usually use a template, but I couldn't find it this time... so I had to improvise. I folded an 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" white card stock in half (wanted to make sure it would fit in an A2 envelope) and using a ruler I sketched out the shape and cut it out... then I traced the front panel onto a brown card stock (minus the roof), cut it out, and stamped it with the 'tree bark' image from Texture Tiles 2 clear stamp set. Next I punched the circle openings of the brown piece and the front panel of the white base card. The red roof strips were punched with an old Fiskars hand punch then were adhered to the base card with dimensional adhesive.


The images were stamped on water color card stock and colored in with ZIG watercolor markers. I stamped an extra bird and poinsettia flower so I could cut parts of the images out and popped them up with dimensional adhesive.
The fence was die-cut with a retired SNSS die.

I just love the way it turned out... do you like making shaped cards? 

Thanks for stopping by,
Monika






1 comment:

Cathymac said...

Gorgeous as always, Monika! Love your birdhouse!