Thursday, November 8, 2018

Christmas Botanicals

Hi friends, it's new design team member, Julee Tilman, here! Today I'm super excited to be sharing a couple of cards featuring the beautiful Christmas Botanicals  set for my first official design team post on the blog. All month long we're celebrating SNSS's 11th birthday with weekly specials and design team features on stamp sets from through the years.


A couple of my picks to feature this month are the beautiful Christmas Botanicals set and the We Three Kings set. These both have beautiful traditional Christmas imagery and the sentiments in We Three Kings really speak the true spirit of the season. I've also paired these with one of my favorite background sets ever, Texture Tiles 1.

I started this first card by stamping the two flower images from Christmas Botanicals in tuxedo black Memento ink and then coloring with Copic markers. I fussy cut the images and then accented with a crystal clear lacquer pen and a sprinkling of glitter.


The music background paper from the Old World Winter pack I've been working through seemed like the perfect backdrop, so I sponged with a big of antique linen and gathered twigs distress ink. Then I cut a couple flourish corner die cuts from brown cardstock for accent.

For the sentiment panel, I started with one of my favorite SNSS stamps, the script background from the Texture Tiles 1 set, stamped in antique linen across the paper. Next I stamped the We Three Kings sentiment using Versafine Clair ink and clear embossing powder.  The final touch was to layer everything together and add to a regular A2 sized card base.

My second card using Christmas Botanicals has a very traditional Christmas vibe to it. I colored the poinsettia and an extra leaf and berry sprig with Copic markers and fussy cut, then accented the berries with some clear glass glitter.  The greenery is cut with the Mini Holiday Greens die from Sizzix. I stamped the sentiment panel with the music background from the Textured Tiles 1 stamp set and then embossed the sentiment in the middle. All of the papers are from the Old World Winter collection from The Paper Studio.



Here's a look at the stamp sets I featured today...



Thanks so much for stopping by! There are some fabulous celebrations going on all month in the Sweet 'n Sassy shop. This week's promotion is FREE US shipping through 11/14! Hooray! I love a good free shipping offer, how about you?

And all month long, if you place a $60 net order, you can choose one of 4 popular sets for free. Just add your selection to the order comments when you place your order and they'll tuck it in when your order ships. Hooray!

1 comment:

Monika/Buzsy said...

Beautiful cards Julee. Love the layers and the amazing coloring! The papers are so pretty!