Thursday, December 13, 2018

In Stitches Alpha

 Hello! It's Monika here today with couple of shimmery cards.

I took a momentarily break from holiday cards, and made a Valentine's Day card... although you could use this all year around.

It's really hard to see, but the stitched words (In Stitches Alpha clear stamp set) and the llama (Llama Love clear stamp set) are painted with pink and brown Reese Brea shimmer paint. I've been enjoying this paint a lot lately... I used water color card stock. Stamped the images with Onyx Black VersaFine ink, then I just colored the images using an aqua painter brush.


My second card was made with the same Brea Reese shimmer paint, but using only blue. It was super easy to apply it onto the water color card stock, and made an amazing looking background.


 I stamped the nativity and the star images from O Holy Night clear stamp set and the greeting from Thoughtful Words clear stamp set on the panel with Onyx Black VersaFine ink. 


Those 'white' looking specs are the shimmer particles in the paint! Gorgeous in real life!

Thank you for stopping by,
Monika







2 comments:

San said...

Since I don' know how to get a note to you... cannot find a contact us section, I have a question.

What sort of foreground images will work well with the Landscape Silhouettes, and are there any examples?

Julie Gearinger said...

Hi San! I personally love sentiment images with the Landscape Silhouettes stamps and we have so many to choose from...Here is a link to some examples on our blog with different stamp sets combined with Landscape Silhouettes- https://sweetnsassystamps.blogspot.com/search/label/Landscape%20Silhouettes

I hope this helps you :-)