Monday, December 10, 2018

Wooded Peace

Hi Sweet 'n Sassy friends! It's Julee Tilman here sharing a card I made with two of the new December releases. I just love these sweet little doves from the Doves of Peace set and decided to stamp them in wreath formation with the help of the Gina K. wreath builder template.


I stamped the dove eight times using the template, then placed the branch image and stamped it eight times and colored with Copic markers. The stamped and colored panel is cut with a circle die and matted in black cardstock. Next I embossed the peace sentiment in white on black cardstock and hand trimmed to place over the center of my wreath.  I stamped one additional dove image and fussy cut it to pop out over the banner on the right hand side.


The background is done using the Wood Backgrounds set which is the December Stamp of the Month. I stamped the wood panel stamp three times in fallen leaves versafine clair ink and then sponged with vintage photo distress oxide ink for a nice seamless wood panel look.  I slightly distressed the edges and attached this to an A2 card base that I embossed with the Sizzix 3D Lumber Texture Fade. I finished with a bit of glitter Nuvo drops for a sparkle and a linen thread bow around the bottom section of the card.


Thanks so much for stopping by today. The December stamp of the month is definitely a must have! And you can get it for free with a $75 purchase this month.  Hooray!


No comments: