Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Rainbow Love

Hi Sweet 'n Sassy friends! It's Julee Tilman, and I'm so excited to pop in and share a couple of  non-traditional Valentine cards I made with the gorgeous new Forever & Always set. This set has some beautiful patterned hearts and mix and match sentiments that make it easy to build just the right message. I love hearts and rainbows, so decided to pair the two for my cards today.


For this first card, I stamped the polka dot and plaid patterned hearts in a rainbow of distress oxide inks (wilted violet, peacock feathers, mowed lawn, more mustard, ripe persimmon and candied apple) and then layered them together on a strip of white cardstock. I used a white pen to dot around them all, then matted this with black cardstock. I picked up rainbow dot paper for my background, then stamped the love you sentiment on a die cut circle and accented with a little rainbow of rhinestones.



For my second card, I used the same colors of ink, this time doing a little smooshed background on a square diecut with each color, then popping the trimmed out hearts up on dimensional tape. I added a sweet little love you sentiment to the red square and then lined them up in rainbow order.

Here's a closer look at the Forever & Always set I used today. Isn't it just lovely? And hearts are never out of season, so this set can stretch long past Valentine's Day!


And if you haven't seen  Made New (the February Stamp of the Month) yet, it's a definite MUST have!  And it's yours free with a $75 order in the month of February. It's absolutely delightful and I keep reaching for it over and over again! Aren't those butterflies just dreamy?



Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you have a blessed day!

No comments: