Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Genuine Love

Hello Sweet Friends!  Sheri here today with a fun shaped card featuring the NEWLY released Genuine Love stamp set.

Did you know that creating shaped cards is super easy?  It's a fun way to use those larger shaped dies that we have in our stash!  The scallop circle I used is an older Sizzix die and it measures 4".  You just need to die cut 2 of the shapes you want to use. You will also need a scoring tool like a scor-buddy and some two sided tape like scor-tape.  I like to use 1/8" scor-tape or red line tape.  I take one of the die cut pieces and line it up on my scor-buddy and score it about 1/4" down to create a hinge.  You then add a piece of the scor-tape before attaching the other die cut on top to create your card base. 

Not sure if you saw the card I made last week for the March Release Blog Hop but I was inspired to try to see if I could change from a square focal point to a circle and that is how I ended up using the scallop circle card base.  As you can see I was able to do it! 


The wreath was created by stamping in a plus sign shape and then repeating that process with each image that I added.  It's not perfect but that adds to the hand made feel.

 

Here's another look at my original card from last week.

 

http://www.sweetnsassystamps.com?aff=6

The March Stamp of the Month, Doodle Florals is FREE with any $75 order (after discounts and before tax & shipping) and is still available until 3/31/19.

http://www.sweetnsassystamps.com?aff=6

And...


Happy Stamping!!


No comments: