Saturday, June 8, 2019

Hello everyone! Today I want to show you a card that I made with a limited color scheme. I used black/white and 1 other color: red. I like the way this makes the red color pop out of the card.



I stamped the peony cluster with a black ink and cut out a mask for it. After that I added a stencil on top of it and I stenciled the hearts on the card. I decided to add a little bit more red ink around the stamped image without the stencil too. This makes the flowers stand out even more.


To finish this card I stamped the sentiment with black ink on red cardstock. I used clear embossing powder to give the message a bit of a glossy look. I used a bit of white thread behind the sentiment and a couple of sequins to finish the card.

https://www.sweetnsassystamps.com/peony-cluster-clear-stamp-set/

I used the stamp set Peony Cluster.

I hope you're inspired to create!
- Lucinde

1 comment:

Kathy Conrow said...

Nice card! Love the idea of leaving the flowers black and white. Stenciling is a great alternative to masking and stamping!