Saturday, June 15, 2019

June showers bring flowers?

Hello! It's Monika here today with some flower cards... it's been a pretty rainy season so far... and even thought it's not raining today, it's been raining flowers in my craft room left and right!

I am obsessed with flowers! 

So, first up is a card with the brand new June Stamp of the Month: Happy Irises clear stamp set:


 I heat embossed the iris image with white embossing powder then colored it in with Kuretake Gansai Tambi water colors. To embellish the card I used washi tape and rhinestones.  


Next is another flower card using an older stamp set, Itty Bitty Blooms clear stamp set:


First I stamped the images on water color card stock with Tuxedo Black Memento ink, then water colored them with Jane Davenport water color markers. Next I spritzed the images with water and after the paint dried, I fussy cut them. I stamped some images onto the background to 'anchor' the base flower cluster. After coloring the images, I spritzed the whole background with water and let the colors freely move around... 


The greeting was stamped from the trusty Keep in Touch Too clear stamp set.

I hope I have inspired you to craft today!

Thank you for stopping by!

Monika




1 comment:

Kathy Conrow said...

Beautiful! Love the water color effect!