Saturday, October 19, 2019

Happy Fall

Hi Sweet 'n Sassy friends! It's Julee Tilman, popping in to share a little autumn loveliness I've been creating with this month's release.


This little bear from Rhubarb's Harvest holding his pumpkin makes me smile. It reminds me of when my boys were younger and Trevor picked out a pumpkin almost twice his size. He's never shied away from a challenge, and watching him try to lift that big pumpkin sure did make me laugh!


I wanted to give the feeling of a beautiful October afternoon, so I colored him up with Copics, then blended around the edges with tumbled glass distress oxide. I did a little stamp surgery with the two uppermost falling leaves on the image, cutting them out so I could stamp them individually.  I added them to the largest stitched circle and colored with Copics, inking the edges with tumbled glass.


The sentiment is the final circle element, stamped in gathered twigs distress oxide and embossed clear.  The lovely embossing folder background is debossed with gathered twigs distress oxide, and I finished off with a seam binding bow and a glitter leaf sticker.


For my next little project, I made some fun treat bags for my kiddos. They love candy corn, so I couldn't resist coloring up the Candy Corn Cocoa digital image. This image is available as a freebie in our VIP Facebook Group this month.


These bag toppers are super quick to make. I cut a piece of black cardstock 3.5" x 4.25" and scored at 1.75". I then added a strip of patterned paper to the front that measures 1.5" x 4.25".  The digital image was printed on my laser printer and colored with Copics, then I cut with a circle die and matted onto a scalloped circle die cut. The sentiment is from the Heart Candy set. Then it was just a matter of filling a little bag with candy corn and closing it up. I like to staple each side of the bag to the back flap and use a strip double sided tape to secure the front flap to the bag.



Thanks so much for stopping by today! Have a fantastic weekend!

1 comment:

Denise Bryant said...

Adorable cards! Love all the details on your card with the cute bear... the stitched-edge circles, the background design and the pretty bow and leaf to embellish the card. The bear is just adorable! And your cute candy corn mouse on the bag topper is so cute!