Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Frame It with Flowers

Hello All!

Did anyone brave the crowds on Black Friday?  I sure didn't.  I stayed in and crafted!  I had new Sweet n Sassy Stamps to play with so there was really no question as to what I would do!
One of the new sets that Korin has is Sympathy Morning Glories.  This also happens to be the Stamp of the Month so it is FREE with your $75 order.


I love the size and shape of this floral image.  It is perfect for stamping around the outside edge of the card to create a floral frame.  For this card, I used Arches 100% cotton water color paper and a combination of Daniel Smith Watercolors and Gansai Tambi watercolors.  I started with my MISTI and stamped 1 image in the corner of the panel.  I used Versafine Onyx Black Ink as I would be watercoloring.
Once the first image was stamped, I rotated the panel 180 degrees and stamped the image again in the opposite corner.  At this point, I had to reposition the stamp to stamp the remaining two corners.  Once stamped, I water colored the flowers and then the background.  The sentiment is also from the Sympathy Morning Glory Stamp Set; I really was in need of more sympathy sentiments so I was thrilled when I saw this set.  I stamped in the Versafine Black ink and also used the MISTI for it so I could stamp multiple times and get solid ink coverage on the rough paper.
I die cut the panel to give it a finished edge and added some sequins and Wink of Stella to the flowers to finish it off.
There is still time to take advantage of the December Early Bird Bundle.  If you haven't seen it yet, you should check out the cuteness!


And don't forget that with all orders of $75 or more, shipping is FREE!

That's it for me!  Have a crafty and blessed day!

Lee Ann 



   


1 comment:

Camille Short said...

Lee Ann, thank you so much for posting this card at Splitcoast! I was not familiar with Sweet and Sassy stamps, and am ecstatic to see they have some gorgeous individual flower digital stamps - I'm a new fan, for sure! Will be making my first purchase soon!!!! By the way, your card is just great and fabulous - fabulous colors and fabulous flowers!