Friday, January 31, 2020

Fun Valentines

Hi Sweet 'n Sassy friends! It's Julee, popping in to share a couple of fun valentines I made this month. These were both inspired by the fabulous challenges in our Winter Stamp-a-thon. Did y'all have fun with that? We're hoping to do a few more throughout the year!


My first card uses the darling sloth image from Lots of Love. I colored him with a mix of watercolor markers and copics, then paper pieced the hearts.  I thought the Everlasting Love sentiment from Faith Wordfetti would go well with a sloth, so stamped that on the side of my panel and then doodled a frame.  A bit of Tumbled Glass distress oxide sponged around the edges finished off the stamped panel.

For the background I used 1/2" strips from the Lovestruck Authentique pad, taping together with double sided tape and then finished off my square card with a bit of lace trim. Easy and so much fun!




My next Valentine was inspired by Sheri's theme challenge to use the color red and a heart on a valentine.  I love this you ring my bell sentiment from the Back to School set and thought it would be perfect for a valentine for hubby!  I stamped the bell, colored with Copics and cut out.  The sentiment is stamped and matted to layer behind and I added it to a heart die cut of patterned paper.

I added a little sponging with black soot ink to the designer paper I chose for my background, then taped some thin black washi at the bottom and pulled out the Love Wordfetti set to add in the xoxo valentine xoxo portion in candied apple and black soot inks.



Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope you're inspired to get inky!

***This post contains affiliated links at no cost to you ***

No comments: