Friday, January 24, 2020

Grace So Amazing!

Today I have some AMAZING projects for you using the new GRACE SO AMAZING set.

My first project is a clean and simple watercolor/stenciled background using Distress Oxides and a music stencil. This was actually created after I created one of the 2nd project cards. There was leftover ink on the stencil so I spritzed it with water and pressed it onto some watercolor paper. When it was dry, I used the same ink to stamp my sentiment - lyrics from Amazing Grace. It seemed perfect with that background. I die cut with a rounded die, then added some clear drops.


My second project is a set of Faith-dex cards I created for a Faith-dex swap on the SNSS Creative Worship Facebook page.


I used the music stencil and Distress Oxide (Tumbled Glass) to create the base.Then I stamped in a repeat pattern the word Grace in Distress Oxide a shade darker (Broken China) and "is sufficient" in black Archival Ink - both from the Choose Faith set. I added a sentiment to the tab and the back from the GRACE SO AMAZING set. Then I added ink splatters with Dina Wakley Ocean Acrylic paint and Dylusions Acrylic paint (this is what was on my desk:)) and set it aside to dry while I created the focal pieces.

I printed out the sheet music to Amazing grace on some cardstock and punched it out with a heart punch. I inked the edges of the heart with black Archival and added a little Antique Lined Distress Oxides on top (My card was cut from watercolor paper so I wanted to make sure the colors were similar)

I stamped "Grace so Amazing" from the Faith Wordfetti set on a strip of scrap watercolor paper and then I was ready to put the my Faith-dex card together...

I used some Grace themed washi tape and stuck to the card, then I added some coiled black twine to the side of it. I glued the hear on top of the twine then added the sentiment strip on top of the heart. Then I put blocks on top of all that dimension while it dried. Once it was all dry, I outlined to heart and sentiment strip using a black Stabilo All pencil which a blended with a damp brush.

This card turned out great and it really speaks to me - I hope it does the same for the other people who receive it. If you haven't tried these before, I recommend it - it's truly fun!!)


Thanks for stopping by! I hope you were inspired!
Lyn

P.S. and by the way:

No comments: