Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Birthday Borders and More

Hello Friends!

Today I am sharing cards using the new Birthday Borders Stamp Set.  Best thing is, this set is not just for birthdays!
What's Valentine's Day without sweet treats?


The cupcakes are perfect for your Valentine Day cards, especially with the adorable little hearts on top of the cupcakes.  I colored the image with Copics and then fussy cut it out.  I added three 1.5" panels of cardstock in ombre teal colors to my card base.  I added some detail to the edges of the strips with a stitched edge die.
The heart was die cut from white cardstock and adhered to the panels.  I stamped the sentiment, which is from the Lots of Love Stamp Set in Versafine Black Ink using my MISTI.  The cupcakes were popped up on foam tape and adhered to the card.  A few sequins were added to finish.

Next up are those fabulous balloons.  I seem to have a thing for balloons lately...


Before doing any stamping, I painted a light wash of yellow watercolor paint (I used Ken Oliver Color Bursts), along with drips on my watercolor paper panel (I used Canson Watercolor Paper).  
I stamped the balloons using Versafine Black Ink.  I created a mask for the balloons and stamped the image 2 more times to the top of the panel.  I then stamped 4 of the balloons from the row.  They were later fussy cut out.  Stamping was done with the MISTI so I could stamp over the image multiple times, which is necessary given the rough texture of watercolor paper. 
The balloons were water colored with Arteza Brush Pens.  I added strings to the balloons using a 01 Pigma Micron Pen.
I added splatters in orange and teal with Ken Oliver Colorbursts.  The sentiment is from the new set, Sentimental Mash Up.  I love this set!  You get so many options and so many fonts; it is a super fun set.  Even the name is fun!  This set also happens to be the February Stamp of the Month.


And being the beginning of the month, you can take advantage of the February Release Early Bird Bundle!

That's it for me!  I hope I have inspired you to craft today!

Lee Ann 

1 comment:

Dorothy Mutafopulos said...

Love the cards you created and colors are so fabulous too!