Tuesday, March 17, 2020

For Such a Time as This

Hello All!

I have a couple of cards to share with you today using the Succulents Stamp Set.


These were easy-to-color images that I did not get all detailed with, nor did I think about things like light source much.  I just did some basic coloring with Copic markers.
The 3 images were fussy cut out; then came trying to figure out what to do with them.  Nothing seemed quite right until I landed upon a monoprint made with acrylic paint and my gel plate.
The background panel was cut with a stitched rectangle die.  The succulents were attached, using foam tape to pop up the top most image. The sentiment is from the Love Wordfetti Stamp Set.

Anyone who knows me knows I am a colorist.  I typically shy away from silhouette stamps.  I was determined to use a silhouette stamp from this set.  The outcome was this wreath, made with the larger of the two silhouette images in the stamp set.


I stamped my wreath in desert-like colors and then fussy cut the wreath out.  I die cut a white frame and then used my Wood Background Stamp Set to create a wood grain effect on the frame.  I stamped in a light grey ink.
The inside panel of the frame was done on a medium grey cardstock and again stamped with the woodgrain stamp, this time in time in a darker grey ink.
The sentiment is from the Sentimental Mash Up Stamp Set.  I stamped the 'Hugs' in Onyx Black Versafine Ink directly onto the card and then heat embossed it with clear ep.  'To you' was stamped on a dark gray strip and heat embossed in white.
After spritzing the wreath with an irridescent Shimmer Spray, I popped it up on dimensional tape, surrounding the word 'Hugs'.  I glued the 'to you' onto the wreath and added a few sequins to finish it off. 
I made these cards to send to my parents to encourage them during this unsettled time.  Being in their 80s, they are pretty much house bound for the long haul.
It sure is easy to get caught up in the panic of it all, but believers can get out there and share God's love.  For we were created 'for such a time as this.'  

Have a blessed day all! 

Lee Ann 

1 comment:

Brandi R said...

These are gorgeous!!!

"It sure is easy to get caught up in the panic of it all, but believers can get out there and share God's love. For we were created 'for such a time as this.' "

AMEN!!! You said it all right there ♥♥♥