Friday, March 20, 2020

His Strength

Hi Sweet 'n Sassy friends! It's Julee popping in with an encouragement card.  My mind has been wandering and my heart has been restless this past week, and my creativity has been at a low. I've walked into my stamp room several times, sat down, stared for a while, then got up and left. So today I was pretty sure I was going to share a card I had made a week or two ago.  But then the sun came out and I sent the kids out in the back yard and I felt like stamping! Here's the card I made.


I knew I wanted to use the Psalm 23 Background stamp as this scripture has been on repeat in my head all week long. I hadn't had a chance to play with the Lovely Lotus set yet, so decided to pair them together.  I stamped the lotus in morning mist versafine clair ink, then stamped a mask from a post-it note. Once it was cut and placed over the flower, I stamped over it with the Psalm 23 Background in the same gray ink.


Next I pulled out tumbled glass and broken china distress oxides and blended a background, adding some interest by fingerpainting a little gesso over it here and there.  Once that was dry, I lifted the mask off and colored the flower with Arteza brush markers.

I then cut a 4 x 5.25" panel of white cardstock, stamped the sentiment from Be Encouraged 2 in the bottom center, then ran the upper portion through my die cut machine with a swiss dots embossing folder. I finished with a taffeta bow, a gray mat for my stamped panel and a white card base.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you have a fantastic day.

***This post contains affiliated links at no cost to you ***

No comments: