Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Rustic Easter

Hello! 

Lee Ann here, with a couple of cards made with the new Rustic Easter Stamp Set, illustrated by the talented Jenn Nilsson. 


This cross and nails image is just amazing, and so central to the real meaning of Easter.  I just had to use this image. 
I stamped it using my MISTI in Memento Desert Sand ink and then colored with Copics, using the no line coloring technique.  Once I was done coloring the image, I put the panel back in the MISTI and inked up the wood cross portion with Memento Rich Cocoa ink to add some of the definition of the wood back in.  Finally, I fussy cut the image out. 
The background panel was one from my stash, made with leftover distress inks from a previous smooshing or painting project.  I loved how the bluish gray color of the background panel draws the eye to the gray nails.  Lastly, for a bit of interest, and even more so, to represent the strips of linen that Christ left behind in the tomb, I added some cheese cloth  behind the cross.  The sentiment is from the same stamp set and is stamped in Versafine Onyx Black ink


This time I used the Easter lilies image.  I used a fun technique for this bouquet.  I stamped the image 3 times, but 1 of the 3 times I stamped the mirror image.  You can do this a variety of ways but I happen to own a water media mat and was able to use that in the MISTI to do the mirror image stamping.  For an explanation of mirror image stamping, check the tutorial out here
Once the flowers were colored with Copics, I fussy cut them out.  I did the same for the sentiment sign.  The background panel was done by debossing the white cs with a cover die.  I spritzed some Shimmerz spray on the panel and splattered some black acrylic paint as well.  To tone down the blue spray some, I watered down some white acrylic paint and applied it to a few areas spritzed in blue. 
I added a few overlapping fine frames in varying sizes to the left hand side of the panel and then adhered the bouquet over that.  A few spring colored sequins finish it off! 
I love the variety of images in this set~


You can get the March Release Bundle at a generous savings through March 9th. 



Thanks so much for stopping by!

Happy Stamping!

Lee Ann 

No comments: