Friday, May 29, 2020

Brotherly Love

Hi Sweet 'n Sassy friends! It's Julee popping in to share a couple of cards with you.  With Father's Day, (which also happens to land on my Father-in-law's birthday) coming up in a few weeks, I've had masculine cards on the brain.

Father's Day Card by Julee Tilman

I know a lot of people struggle with masculine cards, but I really like making them. Probably because I really like grunge... and a break from my usual embellishments.  This card started by building the man from Brotherly Love, then masking him off and overstamping with the Psalm 23 Background on designer paper.  I then colored the image with Copics and cut with a circle die.

Father's day card by Julee Tilman

The sentiment is created with the Messy Stamped Alpha and stamped directly on a piece of the same designer paper. I then chose another piece of designer paper for the background and grunged it up with stamps from the Texture Tiles 1 set.  I added a bit of sponging to all my panels, then finished off with dark brown mats and adhered to an A2 card base.

Masculine card by Julee Tilman

Next up, I stepped out of my grunge comfort zone and went for a more clean and simple look. I built the image, this time adding in glasses, a nose, and a mouth, then colored with Copic markers. I die cut this panel in a square and sponged tumbled glass distress oxide around the edges.  The thinking of you sentiment is from the Sentimental Mash-up set.  I then stamped a few sentiments from Sentimental Wordfetti, and embossed them in white on black cardstock to add my "thoughts" to the thinking of you card.


Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope this gave you a little inspiration for creating masculine cards.




***This post contains affiliated links at no cost to you ***

No comments: