Tuesday, May 19, 2020

I Thought it Was a Birthday Card!

Hello All!

OK, you can just call me crazy right now.  It is May 19th and I am posting a Mother's Day card.  That's right a day late (or a week and a half) and a dollar short, as the saying goes.


I really thought I had made this as a birthday card, but as you can see, that is clearly not the case.  But I had to share anyway because I love how this turned out and it is not often that I do lots of paper layers.
The butterfly, from the Begin Again Stamp Set, was stamped with Versamark ink on vellum.  I decided to use some embossing powder which I have had, NIP, for years.  It is a Verdigris color, a Tim Holtz distress embossing powder, which they apparently don't even make anymore, lol.  So, I am a little slow to use things!
Anyway, I loved the look; the butterfly was fussy cut out.  I had a piece of a monoprint that I made with my gel plate and the colors looked beautiful together.  I added several layers of patterned paper to make the butterfly pop.  Some twine around the monoprint and some sequins finish it off.  The sentiment is from the In This Together Stamp Set, but since it is past Mother's Day, I would recommend something else, lol!
Next up, a card with a sentiment that is actually perfect for the present time.


I was so excited to get this Life and Lemons set!  The lemons and stylized leaves...so fun! I colored up 3 sets of lemons and leaves with Copics and fussy cut them out.  Using a card sketch from CASE This Sketch, I assembled a super easy and very CAS card.  And in this case, that sentiment is timely!  I hope you are making lemonade where ever you are.  God is in the business of lemonade!

Have a great day, y'all!

Lee Ann  

No comments: