Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Time for Dad

Hello Everyone! 

Dad's Day is right around the corner!  When I saw the Time Well Spent Stamp Set, I immediately thought of my Dad.  The sentiments are perfect, even if they do not say 'Happy Father's Day' directly. 
With my parents living in Florida and I in Missouri, I rarely see them, making these sentiments even more significant. 
This first card is for my dad this Father's Day. 


This was also the perfect stamp set to use a mixed media panel that I was hoarding, lol.  I used my Gel Printing Plate, acrylic paints and a Tim Holtz stencil to create this time themed panel.  The stamped clock is actually 3D.  The image was stamped with Versamark ink and heat embossed with antique gold embossing powder.  I then fussy cut the clock out. 
Using circle dies, I found one to match the size of the clock face and die cut the face out.  I stamped the clock image again, this time in Versafine Onyx Black Ink and used the face portion for the back of the clock.  Basically I created a shaker out of the clock, minus the shaker bits (I did not think my Dad would appreciate them!). 


I sandwiched a piece of acetate and dimensional adhesive between the front panel of the clock and the back panel.  A fabulous sentiment banner was added and that finished he card.  No girly sequins or anything either! 
I love how this turned out and I especially love the sentiment.  I am hoping to get to Florida this summer to see my parents. 
This next card uses the same stamp set, Time Well Spent,  and is a good old CAS card~


Done in neutrals, this is another very masculine card.  The clock face image was stamped in a light grey.  The clock image was then stamped over the first, in a darker grey.  I framed the sentiment with what are actually the clock hands, or I should say one of the clock hands.  I stamped the clock hand, then stamped it a second time, superimposing the rounded end of the hand over the already stamped rounded end.  I did this two times to create the ironwork-like elements framing the sentiment.  I used the MISTI to achieve the alignment of the clock hands and the sentiment. 

That's it for me!  Thanks so much for stopping by and have a blessed week~

Lee Ann 

3 comments:

MariLynn said...

Love your first card. That gel print is awesome.

nimeshaa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dorothy Mutafopulos said...

Both cards are spectacular!!!