Friday, July 31, 2020

Sweeter than Honey

Hi Sweet 'n Sassy friends! It's Julee here with an almost one layer creation for you today. I love this beautiful beehive image from the Bee Sweet set, and really wanted to make it the focal point of a card.


I stamped the hive first, then masked off the hive and each teeny leaf and stenciled the background with the Great Outdoors stencil and speckled egg distress oxide.  I went in with a heavier touch than I wanted, so I stenciled over again with some unicorn pigment to soften the color. I really love how it turned out.


I had also masked off the bottom section of the card and stamped the Wood Backgrounds as a thick bench for the hive to sit on.  I used a variety of brown inks and some Copics to blend it how I wanted.

The scripture verse is from the Sweet as Honey set and stamped directly over the hive.  I then stamped two little bees on the panel, then stamped them again on scrap cardstock, colored and layered just the fussy cut birdies and wings over the stamped bees for a little dimension.

Probably the masking took the most time, but I really enjoyed the whole process. Hope you did too!



***This post contains affiliated links at no cost to you ***

No comments: