Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Heading Into Fall

 Hello All!  

Things are getting a little crazy around here as I finally get to head back to work/school tomorrow.  We have a whole host of new guidelines and procedures to follow.  And back to school means fall is right around the corner.  Whaaaat??  

Of course with fall come the fall holidays, including Veteran's Day.  The new stamp set, The Lord's Battle is perfect for that thank you card for a veteran. 

I cannot tell you how much I love this stamp set!  It is so versatile. And I don't know what it is but I love coloring these boots!  The boots were stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink using the MISTI, and then colored with Copics.  Once I was happy with the coloring, I put the image panel back in the MISTI and stamped over it again, this time using Versafine Onyx Black ink for crisp, dark lines.  

Next up, the background panel.  I loosely drew in an oversized flag on some Fabriano Hot Press Watercolor Paper.  I wanted a smooth surface so that the large words would stamp with complete coverage.   I painted the flag with Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolors.  

When the panel was dry, I stamped the sentiment, which is from the God Bless America Stamp Set. I again used the MISTI so I could double stamp the words if necessary.  Versafine Onyx Black ink was used for the sentiment.  The boots were popped up on dimensional adhesive.  

Fall also ushers in all of the goodness of nature- colorful leaves, fall harvest, and pumpkins.  I really do love fall! This next card is ALL things fall!  It is the newest by Jenn Nilsson, Bushel of Blessings.  

This card got all mixed media'y' mostly because I had no mojo and everything I did made it worse!  The gorgeous image was stamped in Antique Linen Distress ink and then colored with Copics.  And the more I colored, well, it just wasn't looking good.  So,  when all else fails, throw more at it!  So I added in detail with Prismacolor Pencils.  But I still was not getting into things, so I ended up fussy cutting the image out.  I decided it needed a dark background, so pulled out a gel plate print I had in my stash.  

I was finally getting somewhere.  I added a partial circle behind the wheelbarrow and then added an orange mat to the print panel.  To tie in the orange, I added orange sentiment strips.  The sentiment is from the Lots a Spots Stamp Set.  Finally, a few sequins finish the card! 

There are a lot of great stamps in the shop that are on sale right now.  Check them out HERE.   

Have a Blessed Day All!  

Lee Ann 

No comments: