Friday, August 21, 2020

Hello Sunshine

Hi friends! It's Julee popping in with a clean and simple design for you featuring the Like a Sunflower set.


This gorgeous sunflower just makes me happy.  It's a half image, so perfect for stamping on the edges of cards, or you can line it up and stamp it twice for a totally fantastic large sunflower.  I stamped this in Versafine Clair ink and then tested out some new to me markers... the Arteza Twimarkers.

I must say, I really enjoyed using them. They blend well with water or with one other marker. Don't try three color blends, though, because it will pill (I was using Canson Smooth Bristol). I love the fine tip to add little details and was overall very pleased with the depth of color.


After coloring the sunflower image, I fussy cut it to give a bit more dimension.  For the sentiment I used the Marker Alpha set to spell out Hello, then masked off the "you are my" from the you are my sunshine stamp from the Love Wordfetti set and stamped just the sunshine.  I then masked off a portion of the panel and used a sun background stencil and some buttercup ink for the backdrop.  I layered everything together, adding my stenciled panel on a bit of foam sheet to add some dimension.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you have a sunshiny day!




***This post contains affiliated links at no cost to you ***

1 comment:

Kathy Conrow said...

I love "sunshine" cards. So bright! Yellow never looked so good!