Saturday, August 15, 2020

I Wonder . . .

I love the aroma of coffee and just the thought of it makes me happy! I confess, I think about coffee a lot. So when I saw the sentiments in the new Coffee Talk set I knew which sentiment I had to use first. 

 

 

Wouldn't it be nice if coffee thought about us as much as we think about it? 

I started by ink smooshing a background on Canson mixed media paper with mowed lawn and peacock feathers distress oxide inks. I dried in between layers of ink and kept going until I reached the desired depth of color and cut the panel with a  stitched rectangle die. Next, I used four of the images from Grunge Elements 2 to create the background. I chose a combination of Distress Ink (antique linen, vintage photo) and SU! inks (close to cocoa, creamy caramel) to get the coffee stain look I desired. I stamped the sentiment from Coffee Talk with VersaFine Clair Nocturne ink. I matted the panel on black and then onto a teal card base. 

Then, I stamped the coffee cup image from Fill Me Up with VersaFine Clair Nocturne ink onto Canson mixed media paper and colored with Altenew watercolor brush markers. I stamped the cup cozy on white paper with peacock feathers distress oxide ink and cut both images with the coordinating dies. I attached the cup cozy to the cup and popped the coffee cup up with foam tape on the front. 






Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a fantastic day,

Karen

2 comments:

~amy~ said...

Fantastic...two of my favorites, coffee + green!
I'm going to share in the Coffee Loving Papercrafters FB group!

Teri S. said...

The colours you achieved on the background of this wonderful card are glorious! For me, it would have to read TEA...