Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Vintage and Versatile!

 Hello, Hello!  

The new Vintage Van Stamp Set is just adorable; better yet, it is soooo versatile!  

It is certainly fun to use for Christmas cards as in this card below~


The background was made with various blue and purple Colorburst Watercolor powders.  I simply wet the paper, sprinkled on color and wet some more.  I dried with my heat gun and then sprinkled and spritzed another layer.  Voila!  Prefect night sky!  For a more wintry look, I splatted the background with water and pressed a papertowel to it to pick up the water along with some of the color.  Then I splattered lots of watered down white guoache paint to create a blizzard. 

The van was colored with Copics but first,  I masked off the logo/heart in the center of the van and then stamped the wreath with the word 'Joy' in green.  I used a black water based marker on the word 'Joy' and stamped over it several times.  Once I was happy with the wreath, I colored the rest of the van with copics and fussy cut it out.  I also stamped the tree with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and fussy cut it out, then adhered it to the back of the van. 

The Sentiment comes from the set Christmas Pine.  

This next card has more of a 60's vibe with a background that was made with the shaving cream technique. 

 

 It was the perfect background to pair with a van that was colored orange with a pink heart.   I added the bunch of balloons and the roof rack of presents, all colored with Oranges, yellows and pinks.  I colored in pavement under the van and then fussy cut the pavement and around the top and sides of the van.  I adhered it to a white panel matted in pink.  The sentiment was stamped in Versamark ink and heat embossed with white embossing powder.  I popped the panel up on dimensional tape and adhered it to the psychedelic background.  A few sequins finish it off.  

I love the two very different looks AND uses for these cards!   

Thanks for stopping by!

Lee Ann

No comments: