Friday, January 22, 2021

Background Builder Stripes

 


Today I have a couple of cards to share using the new Background Builder Stripes set. This set has so many possibilities but I decided to go plaid with my cards. One straight up and across and the other on the diagonal. I also decided to play in my stash and I found two colored up flowers (from Scribble Flowers set) left over from a recent ATC coin swap with the SNSS DT that seemed to be the perfect fit for both cards... How could I not use them?

Card number one uses distress inks in reds and yellows I tried to go ombre-ish with my plaid in both directions. I added my flower (grounded with some washi) and then used one of my favorite sentiments by clipping out some of the phrases from the Texture Tiles 7 word block. For some reason, I just love those tiny words.

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is img_5275-copy.jpg

Card number two used black ink (VersaClair Nocturne) to create a diagonal plaid - I love this plaid so much!! I will be creating lots more of these backgrounds. I created a wide strip for the sentiment from My Thoughts of You and added another Scribble Flower.

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is img_5274-copy.jpg

I hope you are inspired to play with this stripe background builder. I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Thanks for stopping by!

Lyn

1 comment:

Kathy Conrow said...

Those lines are awesome! Love the layering!