Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Florals on a Wintry Cold Day

 Hello, Hello!

I have some florals to share with you today. 

The new Floral Background Stamp is super versatile- use it on your whole background and highlight a sentiment, or use in smaller doses, as I have done with this coffee card. 

I started with the I Like Big Cups Stamp Set and Stamped the To Go Cup on Neenah Solar White cs.  I then stamped the Floral Background Stamp over the cup, giving it a floral pattern.  The image was then colored with Copics.  The lid was stamped twice, the second lid being popped up on dimensional tape.  I added a corrugated cup cozy to finish the cup.  I cut strips in red, yellow and navy and then did some tone on tone stamping on each strip using the Texture Tiles 1 Stamp Set.  The sentiment from the Punny Love Stamp Set is perfect with this set.  The little hearts are also from the Punny Love Set.  

Here is the same Floral Background Stamp, this time being used for the entire background panel.  


The background was stamped multiple times using my MISTI to cover the panel.  Then background was then colored with a 'C' Copic marker.  The flowers were colored a very pale peachy red color.  I added a sequin to every flower center. The sentiment, Praise the Lord, is from the Faith Phrases Stamp Set.  I heat embossed it in Pewter embossing Powder.  A die cut wreath and more sequins finish the card.  

This last card uses one of my favorite florals that I really don't use enough.  Especially with all of the sentiments it comes with.  


I used Arches Watercolor paper and Versafine Onyx Black ink to stamp this gorgeous image.  I then used some Jane Davenport Watercolor Brush Pens that I found on clearance at Micheal's.  $5- what a steal!   This was the perfect time to practice watercoloring 'loosely'.  Loosely is not in my vocab when it comes to crafting.  This was my best shot at it.  It ended up being not so loose.  

I fussy cut the image out and then found a panel in my stash that I had made with acrylic paints.  The colors were perfect with the image.  Some texture was added to another panel using an embossing folder.  Finally some gouache spatters and sequins finish the card.  

I hope I took you away to warmer days for a few minutes and also inspired you to craft!  

Thanks for stopping by and have a blessed rest of the week!

Lee Ann  

No comments: