Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Spring Has Sprung!

 Hello Friends!

I know the calendar says it is winter, but my mind tells me that it is spring, or at least heading towards spring!  Warmer temps, sunshine and longer days have me wanting to use spring images on cards in all the pretty pastel and bright colors.  

The new Hoppy Spring is the perfect set for this.  Goodness, I love everything about this set, from the adorable bunnies, to the eggs and the adorable bitty chicks.  


Doesn't this card just scream spring?!  I started with coloring the eggs- I had another idea, but it did not work out like it was in my head so on to plan B.  I colored the adorable bunny with Copics and fussy cut him out.  I used 3 of the pastel colored eggs around him.  For the background, I stamped the clover- like image from the Long Stem Silhouettes Stamp Set- I stamped with two different colors of green and did first, second and third generation stamping to get the illusion of depth.  I grounded everything with a sentiment strip that I colored in ombre fashion with Copics, then stamped the sentiment using two different sentiments from the Hoppy Spring Stamp Set.  

The sentiment strip and bunny are popped up on foam tape.  A few sequins finish the card.  


For this card, I wanted to use the new Fern Background Stamp for a technique that I watched Jennifer McGuire do.  I started out by selecting bunches of sentiments (I have listed all of the sets at the end of this post).  I placed them on my cardstock in my MISTI and then closed the door, keeping all of the sentiments perfectly placed.  I actually made 3 backgrounds doing this- so easy- once they are in the MISTI, you can stamp them as many times as you want.  But I am getting ahead of myself.  I stamped the sentiments with white pigment ink.  Once dry, I stamped the Fern Background Stamp in ink that was a close color to the cardstock for a tone on tone look.  

Once my background panel was done, I die cut a circle in the panel.  I then die cut a white frame for the opening. Behind this circular opening, I adhered a pretty,  springy, pastel, floral paper.  My sentiment was made with the new Blessings Die.  I love this die and for the price, you can't beat it.  The word, 'sending' is from the Hoppy Spring Stamp Set.  I heat embossed it in white on black cs.  I love how the black ties in with the black in the patterned paper.  3 little yellow sequins finish off the card.  

If you have not checked out the Sweet n Sassy Stamps March Release, head over to the store; there are so many great new products.  The Fern Background Stamp is also the stamp of the month and is free with a $60 purchase.  The Hoppy Spring Stamp Set also comes with dies in a bundle, saving you some $$. And if you need the whole release (trust me, it is worth it) you can save over $30 when you purchase the New Release Bundle.   

And here are the stamps that I used various sentiments from for the Blessings card~


Thanks so much for stopping by!  

Lee Ann  

2 comments:

Monika/Buzsy said...

Pretty cards Lee Ann. Love how you used the long stem silhouette flower image for the background!

Tammy said...

Lovely detailed card! Thank you for sharing