Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Light It Up

 Hi friends! It's Julee here, popping in with a little mid-week inspiration. May is always such a busy month with all sorts of end of year projects, activities, and celebrations. This year seems more hectic than most, but maybe that's because last year was 2020 and there was nothing going on. Haha! Anyhow, this is the time of year by necessity my crafting usually turns to a clean & simple style. So my card today has lots of white and lots of bright!

Rebecca's Count Your Rainbows set seemed like the perfect start for not only a clean & simple design, but also for the rainbow color challenge  in our VIP Facebook group this month. If you haven't played along, there's a prize up for grabs if you enter by May 31. All the details are in the group.

I started by stamping the larger rainbow image and the sun in black ink, then lining up the stitched rainbow lines and stamping over the rainbow.  I then colored with Copic markers and die cut with the coordinating Count Your Rainbows Die Set.  The cloud was stamped in two shades of purple ink, then die cut.

For the sentiment, I thought the you light up my life phrase from My Punny Valentine (on sale this week) went well with the images, so stamped and cut in a circle.  I finished off with a background panel embossed with a rays folder for some texture, then layered up my die cut images on different levels of foam tape for dimension.



Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope you have a fabulous day! If you haven't heard this week's sale is 25% off Korin Sutherland's sets. No code needed, while supplies last through May 27.



No comments: